Program 583: Provence; Germany This Year; Gdańsk
Release Date: 11-09-2019
We commemorate the big anniversaries in Germany for the fall of the Berlin Wall and the birth of the Bauhaus art movement. We'll also hear how Poland's port city of Gdańsk is an important historical center, and comes recommended as an up-and-coming visitor destination. And hear how the French like to relax in Provence, in the sunny south of France.
- Nina Seffusatti, tour guide from Provence
- Berlin-based tour guides Holger Zimmer, Caroline Marburger, and Torben Brown
- Polish tour guide Beata McCommas
- Cameron Hewitt, co-author of the "Rick Steves Eastern Europe" and "Rick Steves Snapshot: Krakow, Warsaw & Gdańsk" guidebooks
- Contact information for private tours from Nina Seffusati is listed in the "Rick Steves Provence" guidebook.
- 2019 marks the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Bauhaus art school in Weimar.
- Torben Brown provides private tours through his company Berlin Perspectives.
- Caroline Marburger provides private tours through the Berlin Guides Association.
- Tour guide Holger Zimmer contributes arts and culture features for RBB kulturradio in Berlin.
- Rick's "At a Glance" guide to Gdańsk.
- Beata McCommas talks to the Rick Steves tour department about her work as a tour guide.
- Cameron Hewitt blogs about his travel observations.