Program 650: Silver Linings; Basque Cities; English Villages
Release Date: 09-04-2021
Travel writer Don George shares the reflections that have helped him get through the pandemic with a positive outlook. Then tour guides from the border-straddling Basque Country of Spain and France lend insights on their home turf, plus advice for enjoying it. And a pair of British guides describe a few of their favorite historic villages in the west of England, where the traditions of its scenic countryside are alive and well.
- Travel writer Don George, editor at large for National Geographic Traveler
- Agustin Ciriza, Basque tour guide from San Sebastian (Donostia), Spain
- Claire Lohiague, Basque tour guide from Hasperran, France
- British tour guide Mark Seymour
- Lorraine Dineen, tour guide based in Winchcomb, in the English Cotswolds
- Don George has collected essays he's written during the pandemic in his e-book, "Wanderlust in the Time of Coronavirus." Don also hosts tours for National Geographic Expeditions and for GeoEx.
- Don recommends the website The View from My Window for virtual world travels.
- Agustin Ciriza leads Basque Country tours from his base in San Sebastian (Donostia), Spain.
- The Rick Steves online guide to Basque Country in Spain and the Basque Country of France.
- Mark Seymour organizes small group tours of Britain through his Seymour Travels website.
- Lorraine Dineen posts photos from her tours on Twitter.
More about driving in England - Following up on Janice's call about the stress of driving in England, Rick and his British guests offer further advice for Americans on getting comfortable driving in England. (runs 1:08)