Program 662: Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail; When I Return to London; South of England
Release Date: 01-08-2022
We hear from a young traveler who, having graduated from college amid the pandemic, used the opportunity to set out on an epic hike from Mexico to Canada along the Pacific Crest Trail. Then Rick and the author of the "Frommer's London" guidebook share what makes them eager to return to London, and what post-pandemic changes they expect to see there. And a pair of British tour guides recommend important historical sites to explore in the south of England.
- Hiker Skyla Sorenson
- Jason Cochran, author of the Frommer's London guidebook
- Tom Hooper, Blue Badge certified tour guide, based in London
- British tour guide Mark Seymour
- Frequently-asked questions about hiking the Pacific Crest Trail.
- Jason Cochran writes guidebooks to Orlando and London as editor-in-chief at Frommers.
- Jason discusses updated policies for visiting Walt Disney World on Travel with Rick Steves program #652 from September 2021.
- The Rick Steves online guide to the sights in London.
- Rick and Jason like the themed outdoor local tours offered by London Walks.
- Jason also recommends the Maltby Street Market in southeast London, in addition to the Borough Market in Southwark.
- Tom Hooper offers tours in London and surrounding areas. Email: [email protected]
- Mark Seymour organizes small group tours of Britain through his Seymour Travels website.
- The English Heritage site at Battle Abbey is reputed to be where the Battle of Hastings occurred in 1066.
- Rick writes about attractions in Portsmouth, England.
More with Tom Hooper and Mark Seymour - English tour guides Tom Hooper and Mark Seymour share some of the sayings that arose from Admiral Nelson's demise in the Battle of Trafalgar. (runs 1:34)