Program 669: Maeve Higgins Loves You; Kinsale Ireland
Release Date: 03-19-2022
Irish-born comedian and writer Maeve Higgins shares what she's observed about the US after a decade of living in New York City, and Irish tour guide Barry Moloney explains why his hometown of Kinsale, on the scenic south coast of County Cork, is so popular among visitors.
- Maeve Higgins, author of "Tell Everyone On This Train I Love Them" (Penguin)
- Barry Moloney, tour guide based in Kinsale, Ireland (self-published)
- Maeve Higgins posts frequent musings on Twitter. Her latest book is called "Tell Everyone On This Train I Love Them."
- Rick spoke with Maeve about her earlier book "Maeve in America," on Travel with Rick Steves program #550A in January 2021.
- Maeve Higgins writes a column on occasion for the New York Times.
- Barry Moloney hosts historic walking tours of Kinsale, Ireland. He's collected many of the tales he tells on the tours in his book "Kinsale," and includes short clips on You Tube.