Program 706: Budapest Riverwalk; Megalithic Orkney; Travel Kindness
Release Date: 03-04-2023
We'll take an audio stroll along the Danube waterfront in elegant, Old World Budapest, then contemplate the prehistoric stones that stand amid the stark beauty of Scotland's remote Orkney Islands. And listeners share their most memorable instances of a stranger's kindness changing an overseas trip for the better.
- George Farkas and Péter Pölczman, tour guides from Budapest, Hungary
- Kinlay Francis, tour guide from Orkney, Scotland
- A list, with photos, of the many scenic bridges that span the Danube in Budapest.
- Mupa Budapest hosts many of the city's major concerts and events.
- Péter Pölczman provides private tours of Budapest.
- George Farkas offers tours in Budapest.
- The Rick Steves online guide to Budapest, Hungary.
- Kinlay Francis and his wife operate Orkney Uncovered to provide custom tours in the Orkney archipelago.
- Rick writes about visiting Orkney.
- Orkney's Standing Stones of Stenness may be the oldest henge site in the British Isles.