When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on the Czech Republic, we post them here. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
- The Museum of Communism has moved to the Old Customs House, and admission has increased to 290 Kč (V Celnici 1301, entrance on Republic Square/Náměstí Republiky between Billa supermarket and Kolkovna restaurant).
- The Image Theater has moved to the city center at Narodni 25.
For books printed before March 2018, the following may apply:
- Alfons Mucha's Slav Epic is back in the Czech Republic following its Japan tour, but does not seem to be on display yet. Part of it will be in the Municipal House July 17–Oct 31, 2018, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the founding of Czechoslovakia.
- The Čedaz minibus shuttle from the airport is no longer running. Instead, try Prague Airport Transfers, which offers shuttle and taxi service.
For books printed before July 2017, the following may also apply:
- The combo-ticket covering National Gallery sights now costs 500-Kč (still valid for seven days). Individual tickets are once again available at the following prices: 220 Kč each for the Museum of Medieval Art, Sternberg Palace, and Schwarzenberg Palace; 150 Kč for Kinsky Palace, and 250 Kč for Veletržní Palace.
For books printed before April 2017, the following may also apply:
- Tram routes (including #24) have changed, and several new lines have been added. For more information and a route planner in English, check www.dpp.cz.
- The Maisel Synagogue (Maiselova Synagóga) has reopened after a renovation. Purchase tickets at the information center at Maiselova 15 (near the intersection with Siroka street).
For books printed before May 2016, the following may also apply:
- Hotel Haštal has increased its peak season prices: Sb-2,500 Kč, Db-2,700 Kč, extra bed-800 Kč. Owner Kristian promises Rick Steves readers a 20 percent discount off their lowest online price; book via email to get the discount and avoid their online booking fee.