When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Finland, we post them here. (Of course, it's still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you're set for a great trip!
- Eurail Select Passes are no longer being sold (but similarly priced Global Passes still are) — see our 2019 rail-travel update.
- Linda Line has ceased ferry service between Helsinki and Tallinn, Estonia.
For books printed before June 2018, the following may also apply:
- Helsinki's tram lines have been reorganized. New route maps are available on the transport network's website.
- Temppeliaukio Church now charges admission (€3).
- Sundmans Krog Bistro has closed.
- The Erottajanpuisto hostel is now called Hostel Diana Park and has a new website (www.dianapark.fi).
For books printed before April 2017, the following may also apply:
- The Helsinki City Museum is now located at Aleksanterinkatu 16 and is open Mon–Fri 11:00–19:00, Sat–Sun 11:00–17:00.