When we learn of critical changes to the information in our guidebooks on Slovakia, we post them here. (Of course, it’s still smart to reconfirm critical transportation and sightseeing details locally.) Armed with a Rick Steves guidebook and these late-breaking updates, you’re set for a great trip!
For books printed before June 2019, the following may apply:
- Blaguss and Orangeways buses no longer serve Bratislava Airport; use Flixbus instead.
- Hotel Michalská (now Aplend City Hotel Michalská) has new contact info: tel. +421 903/998-111, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For books printed before July 2017, the following may also apply:
- The city's tram system is up and running again, with shiny new trams. But since they just skirt the Old Town, most travelers won't find them convenient for connecting either train station with the center of town or most recommended hotels (except for Hotel Marrol's, which is near the Šafárikovo Námestie stop on tram #1 from the main train station).
- The city's cathedral is now free to enter, but you'll pay a small fee to visit the treasury and/or choir.
- Several locations of the fun Štúr café chain have closed, but the one near Eurovea at Štúrova 8 remains open.
For books printed before May 2015, the following may also apply:
- The Mahart hydrofoil boats between Vienna and Budapest no longer stop in Bratislava.